Sun, 11 Sept|
Our afternoon tea or G & tea is fabulously extravagant. Indulge in the ultimate British experience set among the beautiful Surrey Hills.
Time & Location
11 Sept 2022, 14:00 – 17:00
Dorking, The Gin Kitchen, Punchbowl Ln, Dorking RH5 4DX, UK
About the event
Indulge in a perfectly prepared selection of savoury treats including delicious unlimited finger sandwiches and tempting modern touches alongside freshly baked scones with clotted cream and homemade seasonal jams. and miniature delectable bite-size cakes, pastries and delicacies.
Served with four different cocktail options (detailed below) or with a selection of teas and coffee. Mocktails are also available for non-drinkers..
Vegan menu and gluten and dairy free alternatives available when booked in advance.
Please notify us when booking or at least 1 week in advance of any food allergies or intolerances.
Afternoon Tea Menu
Example of finger sandwiches:
- Duo of Salmon Eclair - Scottish smoked salmon flavoured with dill, garlic chive and cream cheese. Topped with a bbq hot salmon brushed with honey, ginger and lime. Contains wheat, milk, egg, fish.
- Cucumber - Bread slices of thinly cut salted local cucumber with cream cheese, horseradish and dill on a green olive bread. contains wheat, milk. Suitable for vegetarians
- Salt Beef - 14 hour braised, brined beef brisket with a mustard tartare on an open mini bagel topped with radish. contains wheat, mustard, milk and egg.
- Duck Egg and Truffle Mayonnaise - A soft rich bun filled with truffled duck egg mayonnaise flavoured with diced red pepper, spring onion, Parmesan cheese topped with micro cress. contains wheat, gluten, egg, milk. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Coronation Chicken - Lemon bread filled with organic free range shredded chicken combined with a homemade mayonnaise, yoghurt, dried fruit, sweet mango chutney and herbs and spices. Contains wheat, milk, egg.
Scones and Preserves
- Selection of freshly baked fruit and plain scones.
- Home-made seasonal jams strawberry honey lavender, rhubarb rose
- Surrey clotted cream.
Selection of Cakes
Examples of our miniature delectable bite-size cakes, pastries and delicacies:
- Passion and white chocolate Delice - Tangy passion fruit on a sweet smooth white chocolate mousse. Sat on a chocolate cookie base. Contains milk, soya, egg. Gluten free.
- Kaffir Lime Pie - Kaffir lime tart topped with a cardamom toasted meringue. Contains wheat, egg, milk. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Verrine - Mango, coconut & raspberry verrine. Contains soya, milk. Gluten free.
- Battenberg Cake - Light matcha tea sponge and strawberry sponge cake held together with strawberry jam, covered in marzipan with sesame seeds. Contains almond, wheat, sesame. Suitable for vegans, dairy free.
- Banoffee pie - A crunchy pastry shell filled with a creamy toffee banana pastry cream and toffee pieces. Contains wheat, milk, egg.
N.B. Not all ingredients are listed on the menu. There may be traces of allergens.
- French 75 - The Gin Kitchen’s own twist on the classic champagne cocktail, made with carbonated Insane Ostrich Classic Gin, freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice and sugar syrup served in a chilled coupe glass and topped with champagne.
Then a choice of either:
- Lapsang Souchong Negroni - Gutsy Monkey Winter Gin blended with Campari, Antica Formula sweet vermouth and Lapsang Souchong syrup. Served in a teapot with ice cubes.
- Dance Like a Butterfly - Dancing Dragontail Summer Gin, lemon juice, grenadine, pineapple juice. Served in a teapot with ice cubes.
Then a further choice of either:
- 50 Shades of Earl Grey - Dancing Dragontail Summer Gin with creme de mure blackberry liqueur, lemon juice and topped with prosecco.
- The Concubine's Bellini - Rose-infused rum, lychee, sugar syrup, vanilla, lime and prosecco.
Then to finish a choice of either:
- Strawberry Daiquiri - A daiquiri made with Resurrection Rum, strawberry puree, coconut and vanilla syrup.
- Espresso Martini - Kahlua, espresso shot, vanilla syrup and The Ginger Cat Gin.
Teas and Coffee Available
- Espresso, latte, cappuccino and Americano
- Fortnum and Mason Earl Grey Classic, Darjeeling, Assam, Lapsang Souchong and Jasmine Green Tea.
Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for your experience.
If you require more than 10 tickets, please contact us to arrange on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01306 889598.
If a member of your group has any dietary requirements please contact us on email@example.com at least one week before the event and we will gladly accommodate them. We have a zero food-waste kitchen and so cannot accommodate dietary requirements on the day.
If there’s any chance you look younger than 25 please bring a passport, driving licence or a card with a PASS hologram. Photographs of ID on a phone are not acceptable. If you don't have ID and you look younger than 25 we cannot provide a refund. We can arrange soft drinks for non-drinkers.
Terms and Conditions
Minimum booking for 2 guests. If you need to cancel or move your booking, we quire 7 days notice to do this.
Afternoon Tea for 2
£75 + 10% service charge