Private Venue Hire in Surrey
Based in the Surrey Hills, with fabulous scenery surrounding us is our private venue for hire. The whole of the Gin Kitchen or The Calf Shed (pictured above) can be hired for hen parties, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, Christmas parties or corporate events etc.
ABOUT THE VENUE FOR HIRE
Our artisan distillery, the beating heart of The Gin Kitchen, is in a 175 year old barn on the outskirts of Dorking, Surrey. We have hosted magazine photoshoots, music videos, celebrities such as the Lionesses, weddings, birthdays and large businesses such as Virgin Atlantic.
VENUE HIRE OPTIONS & CAPACITIES
First choose the space you would like to hire for your event and then we can plan the details such as welcome drinks, experiences such as tastings or a cocktail masterclass, and food options.
THE CALF SHED
The Calf Shed is a characterful heritage building that was originally used to shelter cows and their calves. It was left unused for years before we renovated it, restoring the original features and installing a zinc bar and log-burning stove. It can accommodate up to 30 standing or 20 seated and is ideal for a private party, tasting or cocktail masterclass. We will also provide a dedicated bartender. The space can be expanded into the courtyard with a marquee / gazebo.
THE ORANGERY BAR
The Orangery Bar is the main hub for all our hospitality events, housing a cocktail bar and shop. It's where guests arrive and are greeted and so this building is only available for private hire if the whole venue is hired. It's a modern barn built with panoramic doors that fully open in the Summer. The bar is made from quartz and the walls are a faux green-wall. We also grow our own citrus trees in the bar, hence the name Orangery. The building will seat up to 36 guests and accommodate 100 standing.
The courtyard can be used to extend the capacity and enjoy the outside space surrounded by the Surrey Hills. We can install a stretch tent for an extravagant outdoor space that can accommodate up to 250 guests.
We can open up part of the distillery for large events. The distillery is a 170 year old hay barn with beautiful oak beams. The stills are set against the far wall and the event space is separated from the working distillery by a gabion wall and a gate. The distillery can accommodate up to 50 guests.
Being a distillery, we specialise in amazing gin, rum, and cocktails. But we also have a broad Champagne list and we have wine, beer and soft drinks available. We can bring in specific wines, create custom cocktails, provide your guests with a welcome drink or an open bar, or we can charge them by the glass, or bottle. The quality of our drinks service is second to none.
FOOD / DINING
We can provide many different dining experiences from a formal sit down meal to a buffet or street-food van. Food options are completely customisable and we work with some excellent third-party caterers.
MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
We can arrange for our resident DJ to provide background or party music, or live musicians or you can bring your own artists. We've had everything from a Mariachi Band to Super-Club DJs at the Gin Kitchen.
We can provide a number of experiences as part of the private hire such as a cocktail masterclass, gin tasting and distillery tour, gin distilling experience, or a bespoke experience.
Our private venue to hire is based in the Surrey Hills in the beautiful countryside on a farm setting. The nearest town is Dorking and the train station is only 2 mile away with a 5 minute taxi journey.
The Gin Kitchen
Parking is available.
VENUE HIRE PRICES
Our prices include room hire, a minimum bar spend and extras such as food. We require a deposit of 20% to secure the booking and then the remaining 80% two weeks before the event.
Minimum Spend can be made up of drinks packages, or prepaid bar tabs only.
A birthday party in the Calf Shed for half a day on a Thursday in the low season (October-April) with a 4 canapes for 30 guests - £300 minimum bar spend and £200 room hire and £275 for food.
A Wedding Anniversary for 80 guests in the High Season (May-September) whole venue for half a day including a welcome cocktail and a buffet with 4 items per guest. £650 room hire; £1500 minimum bar spend, from which £800 will cover the welcome cocktail leaving a tab of £700; food £1440.
A wedding (whole day, whole venue hire) on a Saturday in Low Season including canapes, two-course wedding breakfast and evening buffet for 40 guests - £3000 minimum bar spend and £1000 room hire and £3240 for food.
Dedicated Wedding Planner - £350 (including a final meeting 2 months prior to
Couples Custom Cocktail Development (for welcome drink) - £110
Couples Custom Bespoke Gin experience - £400
Favours - £10pp
ENQUIRE ABOUT PRIVATE HIRE
You can call us on 01306 889598 to discuss your private venue hire in the Surrey Hills. Alternatively you can fill out our contact form on the calendar below and someone will get back to you shortly.