Fri, 02 Sept|
The afternoon tea or G & tea is fabulously extravagant. Indulge in the ultimate British experience set among the beautiful Surrey Hills.
Time & Location
02 Sept 2022, 14:00 – 17:00
Dorking, The Gin Kitchen, Punchbowl Ln, Dorking RH5 4DX, UK
About the event
Indulge in a perfectly prepared selection of savoury treats including delicious unlimited finger sandwiches and tempting modern touches alongside freshly baked scones with clotted cream and homemade seasonal jams. and miniature delectable bite-size cakes, pastries and delicacies.
Served with four different cocktail options (detailed below) or with a selection of teas and coffee. Mocktails are also available for non-drinkers.
Vegan menu and gluten and dairy free alternatives available when booked in advance.
Please notify us when booking or at least one week in advance of any food allergies.
Afternoon Tea Menu
Example of finger sandwiches:
- Duo of Salmon Eclair - Scottish smoked salmon flavoured with dill, garlic chive and cream cheese. Topped with a bbq hot salmon brushed with honey, ginger and lime. Contains wheat, milk, egg, fish.
- Cucumber - Bread slices of thinly cut salted local cucumber with cream cheese, horseradish and dill on a green olive bread. contains wheat, milk. Suitable for vegetarians
- Salt Beef - 14 hour braised, brined beef brisket with a mustard tartare on an open mini bagel topped with radish. contains wheat, mustard, milk and egg.
- Duck Egg and Truffle Mayonnaise - A soft rich bun filled with truffled duck egg mayonnaise flavoured with diced red pepper, spring onion, Parmesan cheese topped with micro cress. contains wheat, gluten, egg, milk. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Coronation Chicken - Lemon bread filled with organic free range shredded chicken combined with a homemade mayonnaise, yoghurt, dried fruit, sweet mango chutney and herbs and spices. Contains wheat, milk, egg.
Scones and Preserves
- Selection of freshly baked fruit and plain scones.
- Home-made seasonal jams strawberry honey lavender, rhubarb rose
- Surrey clotted cream.
Selection of Cakes
Examples of the miniature delectable bite-size cakes, pastries and delicacies:
- Passion and white chocolate Delice - Tangy passion fruit on a sweet smooth white chocolate mousse. Sat on a chocolate cookie base. Contains milk, soya, egg. Gluten free.
- Kaffir Lime Pie - Kaffir lime tart topped with a cardamom toasted meringue. Contains wheat, egg, milk. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Verrine - Mango, coconut & raspberry verrine. Contains soya, milk. Gluten free.
- Battenberg Cake - Light matcha tea sponge and strawberry sponge cake held together with strawberry jam, covered in marzipan with sesame seeds. Contains almond, wheat, sesame. Suitable for vegans, dairy free.
- Banoffee pie - A crunchy pastry shell filled with a creamy toffee banana pastry cream and toffee pieces. Contains wheat, milk, egg.
N.B. Not all ingredients are listed on the menu. There may be traces of allergens.
- French 75 - The Gin Kitchen’s own twist on the classic champagne cocktail, made with carbonated Insane Ostrich Classic Gin, freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice and sugar syrup served in a chilled coupe glass and topped with champagne.
Then a choice of either:
- Lapsang Souchong Negroni - Gutsy Monkey Winter Gin blended with Campari, Antica Formula sweet vermouth and Lapsang Souchong syrup. Served in a teapot with ice cubes.
- Dance Like a Butterfly - Dancing Dragontail Summer Gin, lemon juice, grenadine, pineapple juice. Served in a teapot with ice cubes.
Then a further choice of either:
- 50 Shades of Earl Grey - Dancing Dragontail Summer Gin with creme de mure blackberry liqueur, lemon juice and topped with prosecco.
- The Concubine's Bellini - Rose-infused rum, lychee, sugar syrup, vanilla, lime and prosecco.
Then to finish a choice of either:
- Strawberry Daiquiri - A daiquiri made with Resurrection Rum, strawberry puree, coconut and vanilla syrup.
- Espresso Martini - Kahlua, espresso shot, vanilla syrup and The Ginger Cat Gin.
Teas and Coffee Available
- Espresso, latte, cappuccino and Americano
- Fortnum and Mason Earl Grey Classic, Darjeeling, Assam, Lapsang Souchong and Jasmine Green Tea.
Please arrive no more than 5 minutes early for your experience.
If you require more than 10 tickets, please contact us to arrange on email@example.com or call us on 01306 889598.
If a member of your group has any dietary requirements please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before the event and we will gladly accommodate them. We have a zero food-waste kitchen and so cannot accommodate dietary requirements on the day.
If there’s any chance you look younger than 25 please bring a passport, driving licence or a card with a PASS hologram. Photographs of ID on a phone are not acceptable. If you don't have ID and you look younger than 25 we cannot provide a refund. We can arrange soft drinks for non-drinkers.
Terms and Conditions
Minimum booking for 2 guests. If you need to cancel or move your booking, we quire 7 days notice to do this.